Preparing for Hurricane Irma
In anticipation of Hurricane Irma, all of us at The Capacity Group, an EPIC Company want you to know that the safety and well-being of our clients and families is paramount. We are here to assist you with Claims teams and Adjusters on standby to respond to affected areas so the potential recovery process may begin as quickly as possible.
There are some things you can do now in case your property is damaged:
- Take photographs of all sides of the exterior of any structures.
- Photograph the interior of all rooms, including the contents of closets and cabinets.
- Check your carrier’s website for storm-related information.
- Have contact information handy.
In the event your premises are damaged, please:
- Check for structural damage before entering any building;
- Don’t dry anything that will have to be removed (carpet, drywall, insulation);
- Take photos, save receipts and track your time spent cleaning;
- Make a list of damaged personal property; and
- If building property is removed (drywall, carpet, carpet pad), keep it on the premises. If it must be removed, cut a sample piece to give to your claims adjuster.
We are happy to assist you in any way we can. You and your loved ones are in our thoughts and prayers.--> Subscribe to our blog <--