Transportation professionals operating a fleet of vehicles are faced with a multitude of risk management issues including driver hiring, training and retention, claims administration, compliance as well as federal, state and local regulations. Your failure to address these issues can have a significant financial and operational impact on your business.
The good news is, there are concrete steps that can be taken to reduce those risks. The Capacity Group’s Risk Management, Safety & Loss Prevention Group has designed a program to address those needs specific to the transportation industry. Our goal is to keep your insurance costs under control by using proven safety management techniques. Our solutions incorporate specific “best practices” designed to address all major segments of the transportation industry and allow you to confront the usual pitfalls to, prevent accidents, minimize breakdowns and stay ahead of regulations.
Total Qualitative Management
Applying Best Practices to Safety
Our Total Qualitative Management approach is a six step process, which when implemented provides a solid foundation for the management of risk. Our approach has been proven to reduce severity and frequency of losses and, when implemented properly, will reduce risk exposure significantly while increasing productivity and, ultimately, profits.
- Review and Assessment of Current Policies & Procedures
Identify and define current regulations and develop policies & procedures that keep your company compliant.
- Define and Assign Roles & Responsibilities
Meet with personnel to clearly outline and define roles & responsibilities enabling employees to be effective and understand how they fit within the organization. This includes defining success factors, process ownership and key performance indicators.
- Define Qualifying & Hiring Requirements
Based on information gathered, we outline requirements that assist in recruiting, assessing and hiring the best qualified individuals to meet specific needs.
- Employee Training
Define training best practices and present in a manner that employees can understand while including enforcement guidance for management personnel.
- Measuring, Monitoring & Tracking
If you can’t measure risk, you can’t manage risk. Our team will increase transparency by developing both qualitative and quantitative risk measures allowing you to monitor and track administrative requirements.
- Action – Response and Accountability
Holding those accountable at each level of the process for the timely implementation and effective response ensures the best outcome.
- Data analysis & trending
- Review of loss data
- DOT road-side out of service data review
On-Site Loss Control Consultations
- Conduct detailed compliance audits on current and prospective risks
- Develop and present various training programs for all lines of coverage
- Mock DOT audits, Mock road-side inspections
- Defensive driving instruction
- Safety training, DOT and OSHA, tank & line & spill prevention training
- Cause & Origin report writing for oil related spills
- Environmental remediation invoice review
- DOT rating upgrades
- First aid training
- Communicate prospective risk issue or concerns and non-compliance with “best industry practices”
- Fleet safety, state & federal trucking compliance
- DOT drug and alcohol programs
- Claims reporting protocol
- Risk management solutions
- Review of DOT safety, vehicle, driver, hazmat, IEP out of service data
- Training, return to duty and transitional work solutions
- Mod review
- Review of environmental claims invoices
- Vendor vetting of oil remediation companies
- Client/company liaison
- Claims reviews
For more information about the Capacity Group’s fleet safety and risk management programs, contact:
Phone: (516) 519-0518
1983 Marcus Avenue, Suite 140
Lake Success, NY 11042